Sunday, January 27, 2013

Animated Shorts Dump

A friend of mine just showed me a short animation which rocked my world and it soon had me digging through the internet for some of my old favorites. These are 2D traditional animation. I have a collection of 3D animated shorts which I also adore but I'll save those for another day.

The Reward

Le Royaume

"World Spins Madly On" Animation

Salvidore Dali & Disney Animation - Destino

The Switch

Beijing 2008 Olympics Animation

The TV Show

Jose y Maria

Feeling From Mountain and Water

Background: Feeling From Mountain and Water is really an artistic wonder. It's done using a traditional Chinese brush style which means it probably took ages to animated. I first saw this in my Asian Animation course in college and really fell in love with it. The other wonderful thing is that it has no dialogue- the story is told purely through the animation and it is accompanied by a Chinese instrument called a guqin. I must secretly confess I went out and bought a CD of guqin music after watching this...

Note: I'm going to come back and add some more commentary about these shorts when it's not midnight. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment