Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Special

"You look like you've been to breakfast at the heartbreak hotel.
Inside of a back booth by the pamphlets and literature on how to lose.
Your waitress was miserable and so was your food."
- Piledriver Waltz, Arctic Monkeys


Today was buy one fancy coffee, get another one free for your special someone at Starbucks. Me? I ended up sitting at a table nursing two coffees for a few hours while I read a book. Strangely enough, I really didn't mind that I was sitting by myself in a coffee shop on Valentine's Day. And I'm not just saying that to make myself feel better.


I promise. It was a really good book. And nothing keeps you warm like two cups of blonde roast coffee.


You are free to disagree.


I did participate in some of this Valentine's Day stuff. A friend of mine had a card making party which was a great excuse for me to try to get in touch with my creative side and to go nuts with the glitter pens like the five year old I really am. Plus, I had a bunch of paper leftover from my spice jar making adventures. Some results:
Feeling nervous yet, Papyrus?
See I'm not such a Valentine Grinch after all. I am only ashamed that I didn't get around to baking anything but that may change this weekend.
As an aside: the spice jars (okay I'm kind of proud of these- they're magnetic on the bottom and stick to the side of your fridge). I'm trying to ignore the fact that it would have been cheaper to buy these instead of making them:
I BLAME YOU, PINTEREST.
However, I sincerely hope everyone had a lovely day full of chocolate and cuddles. All the women in my office were definitely going nuts for baked goods and candy. I think a lot of diets died today.


Happy Valentine's Day to one and all.




No comments:

Post a Comment